We’re still celebrating our Mothers!
I am always trying to dream up different and new ways to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day. Let’s face it – she is my world and she is always doing extra special things for me all of the time. One of my favorites when I was a kid was breakfast in bed. Today we are going to be making some super delicious french toast. It is perfect for a very scrumptious breakfast in bed surprise for that very special mother. It is a really simple thing to make and it is just a touch bit fancier than the usual pancakes. So take a leap and do something easy and fun, that will make your mom feel extra special and loved by you. I promise you that she will not forget it.
Delightful French Toast
- 8 thick slices of French Bread
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Boysenberry Syrup
- In a wide shallow dish, combine eggs, half & half, vanilla extract, sugar, and cinnamon. Beat together until combined.
- Place bread in egg mixture and let soak for a minute. Then flip to soak on the other side.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add 4 bread slices to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Then flip and cook on other side for 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Dust french toast with powdered sugar if desired. Add butter and boysenberry syrup to your liking.
Serve to your very special mother while she’s still in bed. She’ll love it!